The Spanish midfielder has been Real Betis’s key player this season as they are standing in top 5 in the league’s table.
Sergio Canales won Mansion 2022-23 Player of the month for February of his La Liga performance as the Real Betis man made key contributions to Los Verdiblancos recent league wins.
SIGN UP ON M88 MANSION TO GET YOUR LALIGA FIX WITH A SINGLE CLICK!
Nominees for the February POTM below:
- Frenkie de Jong – FC Barcelona – CM
- Eduardo Camavinga – Real Madrid – CM
- Canales – Real Betis – RM
- Reinildo – Atletic Madrid – LB
- Sancet – Athletic Club – ST
- Fran Garcia – Rayo Vallecano – LB
- Gabri Veiga – Celta Vigo – CM
The 32-year-old beat the likes of heavy contenders such as league first place Barcelona’s Frenkie de Jong, Real Madrid’s Eduardo Camavinga and more.
Previous Mansion POTM winners
- August 2022: Borja Iglesias (Real Betis)
- September 2022: Federico Valverde (Real Madrid)
- October 2022: Robert Lewandowski (Barcelona)
- November 2022: Eder Militao (Real Madrid)
- December 2022: N/A
- January 2023: Alexander Sorloth (Real Sociedad)
The key man performed as Betis firmly in league top five
Canales is the second Betis player to be awarded the individual honor, with Borja Iglesias won it for August in the opening week of this season competition.
He is arguably Betis‘ most instrumental player, and as they approach a key juncture in the season.
The playmaker gave a brilliant, cutting assist for Juanmi against Real Valladolid before sealing the win at home with a decisive penalty before half-time break. The former Sociedad star also scored during Betis’s successful trip to Almeria on February 11th.
Real Betis fans will be breathing a sigh of relief at the news that their key player’s injury is not expected to keep him out long-term after he was forced to rest in the away trip to Elche last week.
He is set to miss out on Real Madrid clash early of March 2023.
Betis has been in safe position in the league best five clubs so far with 40 points.